Master’s in business administration (MBA) with a concentration in Finance from the Inter American University in Puerto Rico;
Entrepreneurial Development Executive Course from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology;
Equity Valuation and Credit Analysis Executive Course from Northwestern University;
Certifications from the National Venture Capital Institute;
Certifications from the National Business Incubation Association;
Governance Fellow certified by the National Association of Corporate Directors;
Certified Mergers and Acquisitions Advisor (CM&AA) certified by the Alliance of Merger and Acquisition Advisors;
Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) certified by the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts;
As Partner and President of the Capital & Shared Services Group of the Aireko Companies (2014-2017), a 55-year-old, Puerto Rican construction and construction services firm with operations in Puerto Rico, the US Virgin Islands and the East Coast of the United States Francisco oversaw Aireko’s M&A strategy in the Middle Atlantic States executing four transactions with combined values in excess of $20 million. Francisco also launched Aireko’s ability to develop and asset manage Solar PV projects—structuring the transactions and selling them to take out funders as well as acquiring a minority interest in a Solar PV Asset Portfolio with properties in MA, PR and DC. In 2017, Francisco sold his interest.
As Co-founder—together with a group of local investors—CEO and President of SuperMax (2002-2006) Francisco started a Puerto Rico based supermarket chain that initially acquired six stores from Wal-Mart Puerto Rico, as part of an FTC mandated divestiture. In 2006, Francisco sold his interest.
As Co-founder—together with his wife—and CFO (1998-2002) Francisco bought the assets of a bankrupt dairy manufacturing operation, helped grow it eightfold and subsequently sold it in 2002.
Francisco started his career in 1990 as an industrial engineer at Eli Lilly Industries, Inc., and worked in Mexico City, Mexico and in Puerto Rico in several private companies and in the PR Government between 1992 and 2002.
Francisco serves in the Board of Directors of Resolve Holding Corp. (Director) and Grupo Guayacán, Inc. (Vice Chairman), a nonprofit entity charted with developing entrepreneurial capacity in Puerto Rico. He serves in the Advisory Boards of Better Ideas Holdings, LLC (BUREA). Francisco currently holds investments in several start up and early stage companies.
Since 2013, Francisco has consistently taught the Corporate Governance class at Grupo Guayacan’s EnterPRize Events and Guayacan Venture Accelerator programs.
Francisco has been a member of the Young Presidents Organization since 2004.
• Aquisition of the assets of Quesos Tridas (1998)(food manufacturing)(Puerto Rico)_
• Acquisition of certain assets from Walmart – as part of the creation of SuperMax (2002)(food retail)(Puerto Rico)
• Second acquisition of additional assets from Walmart – as part of the expansion of SuperMax (2004)(food retail)(Puerto Rico)
• Acquisition of 80.10% interest in The Tustin Group (2011)(HVAC Mechanical services)(Philadelphia)
• Acquisition of 100% interest in QSA services, Inc. (2014)(HVAC Mechanical services)(New Jersey)
• Acquisition of 100% interest in Tilley Fire Equipment, Inc. (2014)(Fire Suppression services)(Philadelphia)
• Acquisition of 100% of the assets of Fort Pitt’s Group Maryland operations (2015)(HVAC Mechanical services)(Maryland)
• Sale of 100% interest in Prolac, Inc. (2002)(dairy manufacturing)(Puerto Rico)
• Sale of 100% interest in Caribe Landscaping, Inc. (2008)(Landscaping Services)(Puerto Rico)
• Sale of 33% interest in Island Marine, Inc. (2010)(Shipyard services)(Puerto Rico)
• Sale of 100% interest in Next Day Signs (2011)(digital printing)(Puerto Rico)
• Sale of 100% interest in Car Rental Company (2019)(car rental)(USVI)